The Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering’s research has real industry world impact beyond academia. We are at the forefront of the search for solutions to predominatly most pressing problems of our region, the Republic of Tatartstan. In the field of research and innovations our University collaborates closely with the local Ministry of Construction, Architecture and Housing and Communal Services and the Ministry of Transport and Road Infrastructure.
KSUAE has such slogan: Not everyone is given to live so generously, to gift cities to the people. Our research proves this slogan.
The main trends of research and innovative activities of our University are:
- Building structures;
- Applied geomechanics in construction;
- Construction materials;
- Nanotechnology in construction;
- Architecture, urban planning and design;
- Engineering systems and ecology in construction and housing and public utilities;
- Road construction;
- Economics and business management in construction and housing and utilities.
For all these trends we are aware of the challenges which the Republic of Tatarstan faces and ways of solving them. Our ideas are agreed with the Ministry of Construction, Architecture and Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Tatarstan, and the Ministry of Transport and Road infrastructure of the Republic of Tatarstan.
KSUAE carries out fundamental, applied research and development, construction and technical expertise, on the instructions of the ministries and departments of the Republic of Tatarstan, as well as within the framework of economic agreements with economic entities of the Republic of Tatarstan.
In order to ensure the integration of scientific activity with the educational process, strengthening its influence on the quality of training specialists for the construction industry, the Scientific and Technical Council of the University formed eight scientific areas:
- architecture, urban planning and design;
- building construction;
- applied geomechanics in construction;
- building materials science;
- nanotechnologies in construction;
- engineering systems and ecology in construction and housing and communal services;
- road construction;
- economics and management in construction.
For each scientific area, we have a clear understanding of the problems facing the Republic and the region, coordinated with the sectoral ministries, and ways to solve them.
The developments of KSUAE scientists are in demand and are being introduced into real production today, and not in the distant future, in 15-20 years.
The University performs a range of works and services:
- technical inspection of buildings and structures and structures, engineering systems and communications, development of technical recommendations for design and construction;
- examination of the quality, volume and cost of construction;
- carrying out certification tests of construction products;
- complex laboratory support of construction;
- complex draft and working design of buildings and structures of new construction, reconstruction and restoration;
- development of projects for the production of works and technological maps;
- diagnostics, condition assessment, certification of roads and bridges;
- development of business plans and feasibility studies for investment construction projects.
KSUAE is a member of self-regulatory organizations in the field of engineering surveys of capital construction objects
- "VolgaKam-Surveys" and "Association" Engineering Surveys in Construction "(AIIS), a self-regulatory organization in the field of architectural and construction design and territorial planning
-"Non-profit organization "Union of Architects and designers of VOLGA-KAMA.
In the fields of architecture, urban planning and design our academic staff are authors of the following architectural projects:
- Kul Sharif mosque (Kazan city),
- Sports palace “Basket-Hall” (Kazan city),
- design solutions for development of Kazan Kremlin ensemble, Old-Tatar District, Admiralteyskiy District, Sviyazhsk and Bulgar Settlements and other historical zones of the Republic of Tatarstan.
Structural designers and researches of KSUAE design and calculate the most complex structures and systems such as the Terminal 1A of the Kazan International Airport, the structures of the shopping and entertainment centre "MEGA Kazan", the structures of the “Orgprodukty” plant of the «Kazanorgsintez» company, the foundation base for the Ak Bars Arena (former named Kazan Arena) stadium and temporary roof for the Ak Bars Arena stadium for the 2015 World Water sports Championship, the steel structures covering of the sports complex "Academy of Tennis".
The most significant research works which are being implemented in the field of construction materials are: development and production of low-water requirement cements; high performance sandy concrete for manufacturing of reinforced concrete structures on the base of JSC "Kamgesenergostroy" (city of Naberezhnye Chelny); high performance fibre-reinforced concrete for manufactorimg of reinforced concrete blocks for main line tunnels of Kazan Underground on the base of “Kazmetrostroy” company and other.
In the field of road construction in collaboration with The Ministry of Road Transport following aspects are implemented: the structures of rural roads using local reinforced soils and processed low strength crushed stone; asphalt concrete based on polymer-bitumen binders; new effective bridge and overpass span constructions on traffic interchanges using pre-stressed polymer-composite reinforcement.
The most significant developing in the field of engineering systems and ecology in construction are: energy-saving small-scale sectioned coil heat-exchangers with spring-winded ducts and “confusor-diffuser” tubes; new technologies of air humidification in ventilation and conditioning systems based of porous fan atomizers; new progressive reagentless systems of water treatment using electro-neutralization method
In the field of construction sector and housing and utilities management KSUAE researchers collaborating with the Ministry of Construction, Architecture and Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Tatarstan developed “The Program of Tatarstan construction sector sustainable development”; the program “The development and arrangement of production forces of the Republic of Tatarstan on the basis of cluster approach for 2020-2030 years” (Construction industry and building material industry).
The University holds scientific and practical conferences that allow KSUAE scientists to invite guests and jointly discuss topical issues of our time, as well as issues of introducing innovative developments in the regional economy.
Scientists of KSUAE present their developments at prestigious international and all-Russian exhibitions and forums like:
Russian (Kazan) Venture Fair;
Tatarstan petrochemical forum;
International Forum Kazan Digital Week;
International exhibition "Roads of Russia of the 21st century";
International Specialized Exhibition and Congress "Clean Water. Kazan";
specialized architectural and construction exhibitions ("Stroy-Expo", "Volgastroyexpo", "Construction Season", "DorTransExpo" and many others)
Here you can take a look at our Research centers.