RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSE FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
To aplly for our academic programmes delivered only in Russian, the first and the most important thing is to know Russian language. You should be able to read, write and speak Russian well. Therefore, before proceeding to our academic degree programmes you should submit also a relevant certificate of your Russian language level. If you do not speak Russian you have to take any Russian language course and get a relevant certificate. It usually takes 1 academic year to learn Russian before sending any application for degree courses.
✅ We offer only offline courses. The course students participate in many University student events.
✅ If you are not elder than 24 years old at the moment of your application you are welcome to our courses.
At our University we offer you two intakes for the Russian language course:
1️⃣ starting in October and ending in May-June (9 months), with the programme for 612 academic hours.
Deadline for the course registration is September, 1st.
The course fee is 118 000 roubles. It is fully paid before getting the invitation document!
This course gives you the possibility to study Russian language from the very beginning. Along the course you can learn the basics of one of the optional subjects choosing information technologies, maths or physics. The cost of each optional subject is 9500 roubles (for 20 academic hours).
No vacations during the course, only during local and national holidays.
2️⃣ starting in March and ending in June (16 months), with the programme for 1300 academic hours.
Deadline for the course registration is December, 30.
The course fee is 165 000 roubles. It is fully paid before getting the invitation document!
This course gives you the possibility to study Russian language from the very beginning. Along the course you can learn also the basics of two optional subjects, choosing information technologies, maths or physics. The cost of each optional subject is 9500 roubles (for 20 academic hours).
There are 2 main vacation times during the course: August (3 weeks) and March (3 weeks) + during local and national holidays.
✅ Some rules to follow during both courses:
- you should pass several obligatory intermediate written and oral tests during the course as it influences the final mark of the course,
- you should do all hometasks given by our teachers,
- you should attend the minimum 85% of our offline classes during the course to have the possibility for the final examination,
- you should always remember that your main reason of your arrival to Russia is studies, no reasons to miss lessons during the course are accepted, except some serious illness or fever,
- in case of any illness you should call a doctor and later submit the teacher a document confirming your illness and your absence at definite lessons,
- at the end of both courses you should pass final examination in Russian that will enable you to have a relevant certificate giving you the possibility to apply further for degree programme of any Russian University.
✅ To apply for the course, please be aware of that the invitation letter is ready not less than in 1 month from the date of submission of your documents to our local Migration Office.
APPLICATION PROCESS includes the following steps:
- Application Form completed with your data;
- Copy of your travel passport valid not less 18 months (1st page) from the starting date of the course + its legalized translation into Russian;
- Copy of academic certificates of your previous schools, with transcript of records; in case if you are going to apply for any our degree course after completing the Russian language course;
- 1 electronic ordinary small photo, like for documents (3x4);
- City of your birth;
- City of your residence;
- City where you will apply for your visa;
- What University degree programme you will apply after the course
- Do you neeed a place in our student dormitory for the whole period of study.
We consider your application and if you meet our entry requirements we will contact you directly as soon as possible providing you with the information about next enrolment procedures. In case you accept and agree with all enrolment terms and deadlines you are obliged to inform us about it in writing by email as soon as possible to start the official invitation procedure.
If all your documents are correct, till the deadlines of both courses you should pay from any Russian bank account
- fee for your invitation document - 1300 roubles.
After your payment is made, we start the invitation procedure submitting your documents to our Federal Migration Office (FMO) that ussually issues the invitation document in 4 weeks after submitting our request.
As soon as the invitation document is ready, we inform you that the invitation letter is ready and you will need to pay from any Russian account 100% of the course cost. After the payment made (the account details here), you send us a receipt and we send you an invitation letter to apply for your visa. Without this payment the inviation document is not sent to an applicant!
With the invitation letter you apply for the visa to the local Russian Embassy or Consulate.
Be aware of that as soon as we inform you about your invitation readiness, you will have only 1 month to pay the course, to apply and get your visa and to arrive to Kazan. The first visa will be valid for 2 months and enables you to make only one entry to Russia. Further it will be extended for the period of your study at the course with multiple entries.
The entry date to Russia with our invitation letter is not earlier than 1 week before starting the course.
After getting your Russian visa you should buy travel tickets to Kazan and inform us about your arrival date. You should arrive about one week before starting date of the course!
On your arrival to Kazan you should go to any city hostel for 2-3 days while you are making your medical documents valid for the accomodation in our student dormitory: HIV, RW and X-ray.
All international students are required by law to be registered within 7 days after the entry into Russia with our local Immigration Office. If you miss this deadline you ought to pay a penalty of 2.000 rubles before applying for further registration.
If you are planning to live in any city appartment or other location, except the University dormitory, you should be registered there by the owner of the location within 7 days from the date of your arrival to Kazan. As soon as you get the registration document you should send or bring us its copy. Please pay attention: the location owner must offcially register you in the city system, otherwise it is not legal and you will pay a penalty of 2.000 rubles before applying for further registration.
If you are planning to be hosted in our student dormitory (all international students live in our student hostel sharing one room with 3-4 students on equal rights with Russian students) within 2-3 days from the date of your arrival:
- first: you should submit recent HIV, RW and X-ray tests to be accomodated in the dormitory. You can do suct test in any paid clinic in Kazan, for example, at teh student clinic at the Universiade Village, in Orenburg tract Street, 2.
- second: then to pay for the dormiry for the whole period of living based on 1899 rubles per 1 month, you can do it online. Payment destination should be in Russian: "за проживание в общежитии, your name and surname".
- third: next, with three documents and payment check you go to the director of our campus, hostel No. 5 in Kalinina street, 19, to sign the Accomodation agreement.
As soon as you sign the Accomodation agreement you are OBLIGED to submit immediately the following original and copy documents to the International Admission Office (contacts are below) to be registered and to extend your Russian visa (it is ready about 20 working days after submitting documents to the Migration Office):
- your valid travel passport with all Russian visas available (3 copies);
- your migration card (3 copies);
- 1 photo (3х4cm) (color or black/white);
- accomodation agreement with our hostel (2 copies);
- medical insurance (1 copy, if it is already available) or you pay it directly in the office (in cash);
- copy of your academic certificates of your previous schools, with transcript of records;
- payment of the State Duty for visa extension of 1600 rubles. You can pay it online or in a bank. Just be sure to check the spelling of your name, surname according to your Russian visa and your passport number, otherwise in case of spelling errors you will pay again the same fee;
- pay for the student textbook that should have all students of the course to learn the language.
After having submitted all required documents and paid all the fees you will go to our student dormitory. The accomodation is realised during the working hours: 10 am - 5 pm.
According to the Russian law during 90 days after the date of arrival in Russia any foreign citizen should pass specific medical tests (in Kazan fee 6 050 rubles in the clinic at the address in Korolenko Street, 54).
With these tests results you should pass fingerprints at the passport office. After this procedure you are given a green ID card as a foreign national.
The medical tests are valid for 1 year, the fingerprints are given only once. If you don't have such a card you will be: - reduced the period of stay in the Russian Federation and later you can be prohibited to enter Russia during next 5 years; - cancelled work permit in case if you work or temporary residence permit.
The students who don't pay the full cost of the course, don't have medical insurance and payment of visa extension fee of 1600 rubles, are not extended the visa.
The students not attending the course and breaching the rules of staying in Russia are expelled from the University and are subject to deportation.
Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering
International Relations Department
Opening hours: Mon-Fri / 10 a.m - 5 p.m
Kalinina Street, 43 - Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia
Academic building No. 3, floor 2, room 3-219
Tel: +7 (843) 526 9317 / 526 9313
Fax: +7 (843) 238 7972
Follow us on Telegram