RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
To be admitted to all our academic programmes taught in Russian the first and the most important thing is to know Russian language. You should be able to read, write and speak Russian well. Therefore, before proceeding to our academic degree programmes you should submit also a relevant certificate of your Russian language level or if you do not speak Russian you have to take any Russian language course and get a relevant certificate. It usually takes 1 academic year to learn Russian before sending any application for degree courses.
At our University we have also the Russian language course which gives you the possibility to study Russian as a foreign language, for 576 academic hours. This course is just to study Russian language (without any other disciplines) and it doesn’t assume the further automatic admission to our Bachelor or Master programmes.
There is only one intake a year for the offline course starting from October-November and ending in June. No other intakes and admission during a year.
At the end of the course you should pass an interview and a written examination in Russian that will enable you to have a relevant certificate. Those students, who don't attend the minimum 90% of our offline classes during the course, are not permitted to pass the final examination and are not issued the relevant Certificate that gives the possibility to apply further to any Russian degree programme of any University.
Priority to apply for our course is given to those applicants which, after completing the Russian language course, will apply for our University degree programmes (BSc courses or MSc courses).
The last date of the course registration is 1st September.
The course fee is 100.000 roubles. It is fully paid before getting the invitation document!
If you are not elder than 26 years old at the moment of your application you are welcome to our course.
APPLICATION PROCESS includes the following steps taking into account that the Russian language course starts in October-November:
At any moment (but not later than 31st August) you send us an email including the following information and the copies of some documents:
- Application Form completed with your data;
- Copy of your travel passport valid not less 18 months (1st page) from the starting date of the course.
- Copy of academic certificates of your previous schools, with transcript of records; in case if you are going to apply for any our degree course after completing the Russian language course.
We consider your application and if you meet our entry requirements we will contact you directly as soon as possible providing you with the information about next enrolment procedures. In case you accept and agree with all enrolment terms and deadlines you are obliged to inform us about it in writing by email as soon as possible to start the official invitation procedure. Besides, you should notify us if you need a room in our student residence or not.
If all your documents are correct, before getting the invitation document for your visa you should pay by bank transfer the following fees (the account details will be sent you by email; it is better to pay from any Russian account holder):
- fee for your invitation document - 1300 roubles;
- course fee - 100 000 roubles.
After your payments are made, we start the invitation procedure submitting your documents to our Federal Migration Office (FMO) that ussually issues the invitation document in 4 weeks after submitting our request.
As soon as the invitation document is ready (about 30 days) we send you by email the Invitation document. The entry date to Russia is not earlier than 25th October.
With this document and your passport you go to the local Russian Embassy or Consulate and you will be issued the visa. The copy of your invitation document will be sent also directly to your local Russian Embassy you have specified in your Application Form.
The first visa will be valid for 3 months and enable you to make only one entry to Russia. Further it will be extended for the period of your study at the course.
After getting your Russian visa you should buy travel tickets to Kazan and inform us about your arrival date. You should arrive 3-5 days before starting date of the course!
On your arrival to Kazan you should go to any city hostel for 2-3 days while you are making your medical documents for the accomodation in our hostel.
All international students are required by law to be registered within 7 days after the entry into Russia with our local Immigration Office. If you miss this deadline you ought to pay a penalty of 2000 rubles before applying for further registration.
If you are planning to live in any city appartment or other location, except the University dormitory, you should be registered there by the owner of the location within 7 days from the date of your arrival to Kazan. As soon as you get the registration document you should send or bring us its copy. Please pay attention: the location owner must offcially register you in the city system, otherwise it is not legal and you will pay a penalty of 2000 rubles before applying for further registration.
If you are planning to be hosted in our student dormitory (all international students live in our student hostel sharing one room with 4 students on equal rights with Russian students) within 2-3 days from the date of your arrival:
- first: you should make a medical certificate from a doctor stating that the student is healthy. You can undergo an examination and get such a certificate at a paid University clinic at the Universiade Village, in Orenburg tract Street. 2.
- second: then to pay 17 250 rubles (10 months) for living in our dormitory, you can do it online. Payment destination: за проживание в общежитии, фамилия, имя студента.
- third: next, with three documents (medical certificate, payment check, document for accomodation from the International Admission Office), you go to the director of the campus, hostel No. 5 in Kalinina street, 19 to sign the Accomodation agreement.
As soon as you sign the Accomodation agreement you are OBLIGED to submit immediately the following original and copy documents to the International Admission Office (contacts are below) to be registered and to extend your Russian visa (about 20 working days after submitting documents to the Migration Office):
- your valid travel passport with all Russian visas available (3 copies);
- your migration card (3 copies);
- 1 photo (3х4cm) (color or black/white);
- accomodation agreement with our hostel (2 copies);
- medical insurance (1 copy, if it is already available) or you pay it directly in the office (in cash);
- copy of your academic certificates of your previous schools, with transcript of records;
- payment of the State Duty for visa extension of 1600 rubles. You can pay it online or in bank. Just be sure to check the spelling of your name, surname according to your Russian visa and your passport number, otherwise in case of spelling errors you will pay again the same fee;
- pay for the student textbook that should have all students of the course to learn the language.
After having submitted all required documents and paid all the fees you will go to our student dormitory. The accomodation is realised during the working hours: 9am-5pm.
According to the Russian law during 90 days after the date of arrival in Russia any foreign citizen should pass medical tests (in Kazan fee 5.600 rubles in the clinic at the address in Korolenko Street, 54) and after that give fingerprints at the passport office. After this procedure you are given an ID card as a foreign national. The medical tests are valid for 1 year, the fingerprints are given only once. If you don't have such a card you will be: - reduced the period of stay in the Russian Federation and later you can be prohibited to enter Russia during next 5 years; - cancelled work permit in case if you work or temporary residence permit.
The students who don't pay the full cost of the course, don't have medical insurance and payment of the State Duty for visa extension of 1600 rubles, are not extended the visa.
The students not attending the course and breaching the rules of staying in Russia are expelled from the University and are subject to deportation.
Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering (KSUAE)
International Relations Department
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 11am-5pm
Academic building No.3, room 3-219
Zelenaya Str., 1 - 420043 Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia
Tel: +7 (843) 510 4648 / 526 9313
Fax: +7 (843) 238 7972