KAZAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING
The Institute of Building Technology, Engineering and Ecology Systems was established on September 1, 2014 as a result of the integration of two faculties: the Faculty of Construction and Technology and the Faculty of Engineering Systems and Ecology.
The Faculty of Construction and Technology was founded on April 1, 1958. The first graduation of 44 technology engineers with the degree "Production of concrete and reinforced concrete materials" took place in 1958. The training of engineers in the area of study "Water supply, sewerage" started in 1961, in the area of study "Heat and gas supply and ventilation" - in 1963. These areas of study were part of the Faculty of Construction and Technology.
By 1962, the Faculty trained specialists in roads, heat and gas supply and ventilation, and later in water supply and sewerage. The Faculty included the departments of building materials and chemistry, higher mathematics and theoretical mechanics, sanitary engineering and hydraulics, physics and electrical engineering, philosophy, history and political economy. On April 23, 1962, the Department of organization and technology of production of building materials was founded.
Postgraduate studies in the specialty "Building materials and products" played an important role in the training of scientists. Since May 25, 1963, postgraduate studies have been opened at the Department of Chemistry. Since 1965, the training of civil engineers-technologists on the specialization "Production of building structures from plastics" has begun. In 1966, the sanitary-technical faculty was separated from the structure of the Faculty, renamed in 1989 into the Faculty of Engineering and Ecology Systems.
There are 7 Departments within the Institute now.
The Institute carries research activities within in the following fields: raw material research, new building technologies and versatility of building materials on the basis of natural and recycled raw materials; water supply and sewage disposal, water treatment fixtures of superficial and underground sewage waters; energy saving in HVAC systems, heat exchange; the development of environment saving technologies; hydraulic systems, contactless heat fields measurement devices, ecology, workplace monitoring. The achievements of the Institute are: building material testing laboratory having the certificate which allows the laboratory to perform building material compliance and quality tests for developing enterprises of building industry; organization of vocational education in civil engineering industry; “TatStroyTrest” testing centre aimed at certification testing of building materials; “NanoTech-SM” research and innovation centre.
The Institute offers the following academic Undergraduate courses for BSc degree (4 years):
- Civil Engineering (full time / part time tuition; code 08.03.01)
- Production and use of building materials, components and structures
- Heat and Gas supply, water supply and sewage disposal of buildings, structures and residential areas
- Technosphere Safety / Environmental Engineering (full time tuition; code 20.03.01)
- Professional education / Civil engineering (full time tuition; code 44.03.04)
The Institute offers the following Graduate courses for MSc degree (2 years):
- Civil Engineering (full time tuition; code 08.04.01)
- Structure formation and technology of concrete
- Physic-chemistry of ceramic building materials
- Polymer building composites and nanocomposites
- Durability of building materials and structures
- Heat and mass transfer and energy saving in heating systems
- System of providing microclimate in buildings and structures
- Energy saving and energy efficiency
- Water supply of residential areas and industrial enterprises
- Sewage disposal of residential areas and industrial enterprises
- Energy Efficiency and ecology of building materials, products and structures
- Practice-oriented education technology for professional disciplines in the civil engineering university