Workshop and Professional development programme for architects and developers.
Objective: The analysis of parametric design phenomenon as modern architectural paradigm as well as implementation of parametric principles in architecture and urban planning; The revision of the existing projects for refunctioning of the International Exhibition Center “Kazan Expo” and the submission of a new design concept based on the principles of the Parametric Design.
Object under analysis: International Exhibition Center “Kazan Expo”.
Location and headliner: Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering (KSUAE).
Working languages: English, Russian.
Duration: 1 week
Number of participants: 73
Participants: KSUAE students of Architectural sciences and dual degree programme KSUAE-UEL, teaching staff, developers, representatives of architectural studios from different regions of Russia and countries of former Soviet Union (Moscow, Kazan, Naberezhnye Chelny, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Vladivostok, Voronezh, Astrakhan, Samara, Bishkek (Kirgizstan).
Sections: lectures, master-classes and project/workshop.
Speakers and report topics:
- Dr Patrik Schumacher, Director of the studio ZAHA Hadid Architects (London, Great Britain): "Parametrism and Urban space"
- Dr. Fulvio Wirz, Architect and Assistant director of the studio ZAHA Hadid Architects (London, Great Britain): "Parametric design methods",
- Dr. Olga Poroshenko, Assciate professor, KSUAE: "Philosophical foundations of Parametricism",
- Dr. Guzel Fayzrakhmanova, Senior lecturer, KSUAE: "Parametricism, neomodernism and other current trends in modern architecture".
- Parametric design methods using various 3D scanning software tools (Dr. Fulvio Wirz, ZAHA Hadid Architects, London, Great Britain),
- Professional advice for workshop concepts (Dr. Fulvio Wirz, ZAHA Hadid Architects, London, Great Britain),
- Complex architectural Object Modeling using REVIT software (Senior lecturer Rafik Khafizov, KSUAE).
All the participants were divided into 6 teams.
Each team was headed by KSUAE tutors.
Workshop Result: Presentation of the participants of their conceptual proposals for the International Exhibition Center “Kazan Expo” new design.
All participants got KSUAE certificates for vocational training as well as international certificates.
More photos here.